Australia Visa Policy

Australia Tourist Visa Policy

The Visa Policy Australia is stringent and if you are not a NewZealand citizen you will need a valid Australian visa to enter the country. The NewZealand passport holders can also apply for the visa upon arrival in the country and all other passport holders has to apply for a visa upon arrival in the country. The passport holders must apply for a visa prior visit to Australia for any kind of visit such as business trips or include tourist visa and also the working holiday visa.The nearest Australian Embassy Consulate General can help to apply for any certain types of visas and at the same time Australian department of home affairs website can be visited to get visa.

Types of Tourist Visa should be applied:

The New Zealand citizen can go for a visa on arrival but for that he should carry a sufficient amount in Australian Dollar to pay as Visa Fee on the airport as they also need a valid Australian visa to enter the country and the Australian visa can be valid for one month or as per your visit purpose the date may be extended.

E-Visitor (Subclass 651):

This is a free visa for the multiple visits to Australia for the tourism or the business purposes for up to three months and within a 12-month period. The visa is available for all the passport holders from a number of European countries but it cannot be extended.

Electronic Travel Authority Visa (Subclass 601)

The electronic travel authority Visa (Subclass 601) helps to make the visit easy as it gives an authority to visit the country as many times you want. The visa is available for all the passport holders from a number of countries and the regions where one could live outside Australia.There is no visa application charge for an ETA however a $20 service charge is asked for online applications.

Visitor Visa ( Subclass 600)

The Visitor Visa is designed for the people who do not get eligible for the e-visitor or the Electronic Travel Authority Visa. The visa allows you to visit Australia and either for the tourism or the business purposes. The visa can be valid for three, six or the twelve months and the applicants has to pay a fee to submit the application.

Few important aspect to know before applying VISA:

Visa Extensions: The Visa Extensions help to stay for extended stays and for that one has to have a valid Electronic Travel Authority Visa (Subclass 601). The Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) along with eVisitor (Subclass 651) can also get extended and it is easy to apply for the Australian Visa by visiting your country embassy or Consulate General in Australia for your own country.

Working Visa:

Working Visa Holiday Maker is for the short term employment and it has two types of working Visa.

Working Holiday Visa: Few of the countries such as United Kingdom and other Schengen countries needs to have a working Visa by the number Subclass 417.

Work and Holiday Visa: For applicants with passport from other countries like Argentina, Austria and many other Latin American and American countries one can get it by the number Subclass 462.

Thus, the Australian Visa is although hard to get because of many stringent measures but things have become easy these days because of the relevant details which gets shared between the countries through internet.

Visa Not Required / Visa FREE Country: New Zealand

Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) Permission for 3 Months Countries: United States, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, Hong Kong, Canada and Brunei

eVisitor Permission for 3 Months Countries: All European Union citizens, Vatican City, Switzerland, Norway, San Marino, Monaco, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Andorra, French Guiana

Visa Required Country: China, Russia, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia, All African Countries, Mexico, All South American countries besides of French Guiana, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Jordan, Israel, Lebanon, UAE, Oman, Yemen, Myanmar, Nepal, Bhutan, Georgia, Taiwan and North Korea etc.